At Avis Budget Group, we're looking for people as passionate about cars as we are. This administrative position provides administrative assistance to our Avis and Budget locations at JFK and LaGuardia Airports. What you'll do:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the District Managers and HR Partner.
- Split time between JFK and LaGuardia Airports
- Assist with operational support for customer recovery
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Assist in managing special projects. Project management skills necessary.
- Produce information by formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics. Strong Microsoft Excel skills necessary.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Coordinate new hire onboarding and training programs, assist in preserving files
- Provide a variety of reports to location managers
- Orders location supplies and uniforms
What we're looking for:
- Provide key administrative and clerical support to the District Managers and other management team members
- Receive, log, research, and distribute all litigation related correspondence, summonses, etc. to the appropriate manager
- Ensure that vendor accounts are paid and kept up to date; process all invoices
- Handle employee related transitions including new hire paperwork and other routine changes
- Participate in Human Resources related compliance projects;
- Approve payroll for the corporate employees in the District;
- Maintain and update closed contracts for the districts operators;
- Assisting management in scheduling and running organizational meetings;
- Providing confidential administrative and clerical support to the locations District Managers.
- Assist in other roles/activities as assigned
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- Minimum of three years experience in general office experience.
Perks you'll get:
- Must be able to communicate clearly, accurately, and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management.
- Payroll and other administrative or secretarial education/experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated, requiring little direct supervision.
- Solid PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point and Excel).
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tasks and responsibilities.
Who are we?
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities. The fine print: Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and enter and exit vehicles. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.