Apply for this job now
- Wilmington, North Carolina
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
We have an opportunity for an Analytical Chemist in the Engineered Polysaccharides Polymer Characterization team at Experimental Station in Wilmington, Delaware. The Polymer Characterization team is part of the Pharma Solutions business unit of International Flavors and Fragrances (IFF). The Analytical Chemist role supports the research and development of polysaccharides and cellulosic materials.
This role provides analytical support for the R&D team as they develop new polysaccharides. We are looking for an analytical chemist who will assist in the characterization of new macromolecules. This will include HPLC, GPC, and related techniques. The analytical chemist should be able to work independently preparing and running samples and perform data analysis and reporting. The successful candidate should be able to make suggestions for method improvements and perform method development. In this role close cooperation within the Engineered Polysaccharides team, the Polymer Characterization team, Pharma R&D group, and across other business groups is essential.
* Sample preparation and analysis
* Assist senior Scientist with lab work and data analysis
* Maintenance of HPLC and GPC equipment
* Troubleshoot and assist in repairing analytical instruments
* Develop and validate new methods
* Participate in writing analytical reports
* Communicate results to customers
* Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (or a related field) and 2-3 years experience in liquid chromatography (HPLC) is required
* Experience in gel permeation chromatography (GPC), polymer characterization, and/or method development would be preferred.
* General knowledge of physical chemistry of synthetic and natural polymers, especially polymer solutions, is desirable.
* Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrate ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
* Demonstrate ability to work effectively in both individual and team settings.
* Demonstrated ability to solve problems.
Nearest Major Market: Wilmington
Nearest Secondary Market: Philadelphia
- Job Reference: 386583987-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: International Flavors & Fragrances
- Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent