The Assistant Production Manager, under the direction of the Department Manager, will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of operating the Packaging Department. This will include Associate relations, internal and external customer relations, planning, communication with other departments and adherence and enforcement of the Food Safety Plan. Hours/Days: Open Flexibility Required
Department hours range from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday with Sundays scheduled on an as needed basis to meet production demands. Responsibilities:
- Oversee the operations of the Packaging Department to ensure specs, portions, counts, and finished product visual appeal are followed in accordance to standards
- Monitor ingredients, recipes, and the packaging of recipes to ensure they meet specifications/standards.
- Assist in production planning and Associate scheduling
- Assist in the onboarding, training and development of new Associates and Lead Associates. Complete required ongoing training of associates as directed
- Ensure compliance of proper food handling, food safety standards, safety standards, and all CK policies and procedures. Coach, counsel, and administer corrective action when there is non-compliance
- Complete administrative tasks and documentation as required by Management or Quality Assurance Department (i.e.: production planning; opening/closing checklists; recipe tracking; recipe yields; ingredient testing; HACCP documentation; inventory forms, etc.)
- Ensure the proper use of equipment, including set-up, operation, break-down, and sanitation
- Maintain open communication with all departments and assist in any area of the plant as directed promoting a team atmosphere. Work overtime as needed to complete production requirements
- Operate the department in the absence of the Production Manager
- Candidates must have a minimum of one year of supervisory experience and demonstrate the ability to lead, manage and build a team of Associates while creating a positive work environment
- Be proactive and self-directed while using effective delegation and follow-up skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to train & develop Associates and leads
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Able to prioritize work and multi-task in a fast paced production environment
- Have good problem solving skills with the ability to coach, counsel and administer corrective action
- Have basic math and computer skills with the ability to learn new programs
- Strong knowledge of food safety and proper food handling standards. Serv-Safe Certification is required
- Able to operate all equipment used within the Packaging Department and Sub Departments
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., work in coolers, freezers, hot zone (zero to 100 degrees) and be able to work standing for the majority of the work day
- Opened-minded and receptive to change. Support the goals and initiatives of management and be a team player willing to assist in any area of the kitchen where needed
- Treat all Associates with respect, in a fair and consistent manner, following the guidelines outlined in Dierbergs Associate Handbook and under Code of Conduct
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks that an associate in the position may be required to perform.
Discover your Hometown Career at the Hometown Store!
Celebrating over 160 years, Dierbergs is a family-owned retail supermarket chain with nearly 4,000 associates, 24 St. Louis metro-area stores and a location at Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks. Named the #1 grocery store in Missouri (by ) and the 11 th best grocery store in the nation (by Consumer Reports ), we are known for our superior customer service and wide range of fresh, healthy products. We also give back to our communities through a variety of annual initiatives.