One chance to make a great first impression? Challenge accepted.
For Dierbergs customers, their first experience with our store is our Produce Department. Our product quality has always elevated our status, but it's our friendly, fiercely loyal staff who truly set Dierbergs apart. Customer service is paramount and you enjoy developing and building the character of your team-all while working in a showroom-worthy department. If you enjoy motivating and inspiring others, you'll thrive in a full-time position as an Assistant Produce Manager
with Dierbergs. Overseeing the smooth and efficient operation of the Produce Department, you will:
Why Dierbergs is different
- Assist the team in arranging merchandise to best showcase our product
- Maintain a presence on the floor as you greet customers and share your knowledge of your department's vast selection
- Promote suggestive selling and be a role model for the department
- Operate and maintain department equipment such as code gun, wrapper, scale, pallet jack and baler
- Ensure that our beautiful Produce Department is well-stocked and looks amazing-after all, it's Dierbergs, and our customers expect the finest quality
What you need to succeed
- Unlike other grocers, we feature home-grown, local produce of exceptional quality.
- We offer ongoing learning and development, promotion from within and the continued ability to expand your knowledge.
- Excellent schedule: typically morning or day shift with one evening shift during the week.
- Our culture is the cream of the crop at Dierbergs: we're approachable, friendly and customer-focused, and we believe in treating everyone like family.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role; farmer's market, food service or grocery background is a definite advantage
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
- Desire to continually work toward providing an exceptional customer experience, thereby building customer loyalty
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with the influence to motivate and empower those on your team
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule that includes weekends and holidays
What's in it for you?
- Lifting & Carrying - Up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Pushing & Pulling- Up to 50 lbs of force occasionally
- Occasional - Sit, kneel, stoop, squat, climb, overhead reach, & power grip
- Frequent - Stand, walk, head turn, side reach, grasp, pinch, finger manipulation, & feel
- Constant - Handling & forward reach
- Medical, dental and vision...401(k) and pension plans...vacation days - we offer a strong benefits package
- Weekly paychecks - yes, we are going to pay you every single week!
- Work/life balance and flexible scheduling so you can have a life, too
- Training and growth potential to help you reach your career goals with us
- Discounts on cooking school classes and at the Starbucks kiosks inside some of our locations
- Wellness initiatives, Associate appreciation and volunteer opportunities to keep you engaged and involved
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of all the tasks an Associate in this position may be required to perform.