Wood Residential, one of the largest Real Estate developer in the nation, has an opening for a highly experienced Assistant Property Director for one of its large, beautiful apartment communities.
The Assistant Property Director helps steer the ship, so to speak, of a Wood Partners community under the direction of the Property Director. The Assistant Property Director is a business leader who focuses on resident customer service and assists in managing the operations, leasing activity, renewals, collections, financial reporting, supplies, and communications of a multi-million dollar apartment community as defined by Wood Partners policies and procedures. We are looking for customer service professionals who thrive in a customer-centric, fast-paced environment.
An Assistant Property Director is a customer service leader. Being a people person is not enough. The ideal candidate must be able to address the concerns of current and prospective residents in a friendly and professional manner. A successful Assistant Property Director must have strong organizational abilities, follow-up skills, and a great attention to detail.
An Assistant Property Director is a sales leader who helps set the standard on how Leasing Specialists engage prospective and current residents. The Assistant Property Director helps train Leasing Specialists on isolating the needs of prospective residents, addressing those needs with the right apartment homes, and closing the sale. In addition, a great Assistant Property Director models those successful Leasing Specialists on a daily basis.
Finally, an Assistant Property Director is a communication leader. A successful Assistant Property Director speaks with current and prospective residents on a daily basis. Strong writing skills are needed for resident correspondence that might include notices and/or community newsletters.
The ideal Assistant Property Director may not necessarily have previous apartment management experience. However, the right candidate should have 2-3 years of experience in management, sales, customer service, and fiscal decision-making background.
Here are a few things to consider...
* We are looking for career-minded professionals who recognize the value of a career path. With training and experience a successful Assistant Property Director may grow into a Property Director and beyond
* Good computer skills are needed! An Assistant Property Director uses a variety of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, as well as our proprietary property management software, Yardi Voyager
* A good financial and administrative background is a must. The Assistant Property Director must have a strong budgetary understanding of the community at all times, make fiscal decisions based upon performance, and increase the net operating income of the community
* An Assistant Property Director must take an active role with rent collection, especially with delinquent residents. This may involve lease termination and legal action if necessary
* Wood Partners is a performance culture, sales-focused company. All team members must be able to work in a sales environment
* An Assistant Property Director must be able to handle a high volume of telephone calls
* In property management, evenings and weekends are par for the course. The ideal candidate needs schedule flexibility to accommodate a 7 day workweek
* Multi-tasking and adaptation are key elements to success! The Assistant Property Director must efficiently handle a changing environment and be capable of dealing with multiple people and various situations simultaneously
* An Assistant Property Director must assist with training new employees
* Be prepared to move around! The position includes working with residents, showing apartments outside and around the apartment community, as well as grounds inspection to ensure a market-ready condition
* On-Site Apartment Community experience required
* New Construction Preferred
It's a great place to work! Wood Partners offers financial incentives based upon performance. In addition, we provide a salary and benefits package which includes a 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, paid sick time, paid company holidays, job training programs, and paid vacations.
Wood Partners is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, familial status, marital status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site due to a disability, please contact Human Resources by e-mail or telephone at to request and arrange for accommodations.