The Associate Graphic Designer will work directly with the Graphic Design Manager to ideate and execute product graphics, as well as aid in the creative concept process of the hardlines product assortment across all Vertical Brands categories. Working together with Industrial Design, Brand Design, and Business Development, the Associate will execute and support the creation of thoughtful, relevant and trend-right products for all touch points from ideation to completion.
- Design and execute on Product Graphics from established color and graphic trends.
- Leveraging outside trend services, online research, and social channels (YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, ect ), collect content to represent and illustrate current and future trends as related to product categories.
- Create mood boards, visual line plans, and any visual tools to use in presentations.
- Project manage and track updates for all assigned projects
- React with business initiatives involving product, design, merchandising, and process.
- Ideate with the Graphic Design Manager to drive newness and innovation
- Manage the concept sample organization and uphold each season's presentation set-up.
- Reinforce a process to relay important trend & concept information to cross functional teams.
- Communicates thoughts, ideas, information and messages in a logical, organized and coherent manner.
Build Cross Functional Partnership:
- Attend seasonal line review with Leadership across Product Development and Merchandising with guidance from the Graphic Design Manager
- Attend seasonal strategy meetings with Industrial Design, Business Development, and Brand Design.
- Partner with Industrial Design, Brand Design, and Business Development to ensure all supporting collateral developed in support of assigned category(s) aligns with the overall aesthetic direction of the seasonal line.
- Communicate with the HKO office and directly with manufacturing vendors to maintain design intent.
- Keep up-to-date information of customer identity and interests relating to social and cultural influences and relay information to Industrial Design, Brand Design, and Business Development
- Shop competition, attend trade shows and meet with market influencers to take photos/buy samples to pull together inspiration.
Bachelor's Degree - Arts - Graphic Design
5-7 Years of Experience
Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Cloud - specifically Illustrator and Photoshop
Strong knowledge of design and product