Logo Posting Number TMP02362PO21 Classification Title Alumni/Development Coordinator I Advertised Title Development Coordinator Campus Columbia College/Division College of Information and Communications Department CIC College of Information and Communications Salary Commensurate with experience Location of Vacancy Part/Full Time Part Time Hours per Week 20 Work Schedule
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department.
Job Search Category Alumni Development
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state's flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 "Best Colleges" according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state's educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.
At the University of South Carolina, we strive to cultivate an inclusive environment that is open, welcoming, and supportive of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize diversity in our workforce is essential to providing academic excellence and critical to our sustainability. The University is committed to eliminating barriers created by institutional discrimination through accountability and continuous process improvement. We celebrate the diverse voices, perspectives, and experiences of our employees.
Advertised Job Summary
Seeking a motivated and hardworking candidate to serve as the Development Coordinator for the College. The incumbent will assist the Senior Director of Development and the Assistant Director of Development in all aspects of development office operations.
Under general supervision, reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Development Coordinator will assist the Senior Director of Development and the Assistant Director of Development in all aspects of development office operations including, but not limited to scheduling & travel coordination, expense reports, monitoring and tracking of gift agreements, gift proposals, pulling specific gift and data reports, managing stewardship effort to include donor acknowledgements and scholarship process, developing donor profiles, monitoring endowments, providing board support, and assisting with management of annual fundraising efforts. Must have thorough knowledge of university program goals and objectives, and serve as a key point of contact for Central Development.
* Assist Senior Director of Development and Assistant Director of Development in all aspects of development office operations including, but not limited to scheduling and travel coordination; monitoring and tracking gift agreements, drafting gift proposals, creating and maintaining reports of development activity for dean, SDoD and AVP, and manage college's stewardship effort.
* Proactively research and identify prospects for development team utilizing Blackbaud CRM, Visual Analyzer, search engines, and other available resources. Develop, monitor and refine critical reports for development team to assist in travel planning and donor outreach including monthly gift reporting, regular gift capacity rating reports, annual giving reporting, etc. Work with development officers to create stewardship strategies for donors and oversee implementation. Work with Assist. Dean of Student Services and college staff to assist with scholarship processes including the monitoring of gift agreement guidelines and outreach to donors and recipients.
* Serve as liaison to college's Dean's Leadership Council by working with the dean and SDoD to provide administrative support, member gift tracking, member research and stewardship, member participation, etc. Support parent philanthropy initiatives as directed by the dean and SDoD.
* Serve as liaison to Central Development teams including Annual Giving, Donor Relations & Stewardship, Communications, Principal Gifts, Gift Planning and the Educational Foundation and keep development officers informed on updates, etc.
* Serve as liaison to college's communications team and career services team as needed on alumni engagement activities.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of university program goals and objectives. Ability to establish good working relationships with alumni, donors, students, campus partners, businesses, and general public. Ability to exercise high level of independent judgement. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to develop and monitor expenditures for ongoing and special projects.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 3 - 4 years related experience in an area such as alumni relations, development, fundraising, prospect research, or business development.
Preferred Qualifications: Fundraising databases such as Blackbaud CRM is preferred. Working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and PeopleSoft is recommended. Familiarity with online research is desired.
Number of Vacancies Desired Start Date 09/27/2021 Proposed End Date 06/30/2022 Job Open Date 09/03/2021 Job Close Date 10/12/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant
This posting is a re-advertisement. Applications previously submitted are still being considered. Previous applicants do no need to reapply.
Positions are advertised for a minimum of five (5) business days on our job website. After five (5) business days, positions can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
We are only accepting applications submitted by October 12, 2021.
Quicklink for Posting EEO Statement
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
Safety/Security Sensitive or Requires a CDL No Hazardous weather category Non-Essential
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Cover Letter
* List of References and Contact Information
* Other Supporting Documents