Apply for this job now
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
United Methodist Higher Education Foundation
JOB DESCRIPTION | United Methodist Higher Education Foundation (Nashville, TN)
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP: Reports directly to the President/CEO.
SUMMARY: The Development Officer upholds the mission/vision of the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation to provide scholarships to United Methodist students through all related fundraising efforts. The Development Officer will oversee fundraising events, annual giving, monthly giving, and other donor engagement efforts. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, dynamic professional with proven success in fundraising and knowledge of Blackbaud/Raiser's Edge (preferred) or other fundraising software.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* 5+ years of relevant experience
* Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development
* Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new donors and funding sources
* Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
* Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, parents, administrators, and others
* Working mastery of computer programs including: Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Raiser's Edge or comparable donor management system
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team
* High energy, positive, "can-do" attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
* Experience in higher education and/or related to The United Methodist Church a plus
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Handle tasks related to donors, such as creating profiles on prospective donors and current contributors.
* Track philanthropic requests, pledges and contributions and assist with compiling reports on current and prospective donors to be used by the President/CEO.
* Create, coordinate, and implement annual giving strategies and solicitations to successfully meet individual appeal and annual fundraising goals.
* Manage and update donor database, respond to queries and assist in acknowledging donor gifts, by phone and in writing.
* Assist with logistics and solicitations for all fundraising events.
* Responsible for preparing mailing materials, such as annual reports, seasonal appeals, invitations, and newsletters along with the Coordinator of Communications and Public Relations.
* Act as liaison to the Board of Trustees Resource Development Committee.
* Other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
HOW TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter, Attn: Bob Fletcher, to Kathy Boozer at [email protected].
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance for this position. It is not to be construed as the exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Organization: United Methodist Higher Education Foundation
Contact: Kathy Boozer
Closing Date: 11/15/2021
- Job Reference: 386581212-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: First United Methodist Church
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Executive Positions
- Job Type: Permanent