* CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
* CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
* If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Pennsylvania State University is seeking a Human Resources Manager to lead the Division of Development & Alumni Relations (DDAR) efforts to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization through the formalization of these values in programs, processes, structures, and policies in DDAR. They will oversee and assess the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals for the DDAR Strategic Plan and be a resource to staff, alumni, and volunteers, providing leadership in serving increasingly diverse alumni and donor populations. This individual will also serve as an advisor to the VP for Development and Alumni Relations and their leadership team regarding equity, inclusion, and diversity.
* Lead initiatives to improve the diversity, equity, and inclusiveness of the division. This person will, in concert with the vice president and DDAR leadership, identify, develop, and implement strategies and tools that will effect measurable change in DDAR's DEI efforts, including solidifying the infrastructure for the office and institutionalizing successful programs throughout the Division. Institutionalize diversity, equity, and inclusion into the processes and structures of DDAR. Represent the division with related university-wide efforts.
* Develop and execute strategies designed to encourage a more diverse and welcoming environment, as well as fostering a positive climate of inclusion throughout Development and Alumni Relations.
* Play a leadership role for DDAR in the university's and industry's efforts to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion. This includes recruitment and retention, assessments and reporting, and interaction with alumni. Where appropriate, serve on university-wide initiatives aimed at furthering Penn State's efforts on inclusion, equity, and diversity.
* Provide consultation and coaching to units in the Division to improve intercultural agility to more effectively solicit and impact DE&I fundraising for the institution and its various units and engage with an increasingly diverse alumni constituency. Develop, execute, and/or coordinate training opportunities for DDAR staff to improve, understanding, and skills related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
* Establish and monitor the progress of accountability metrics to assess DDAR diversity and inclusion efforts.
This position typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher plus 8 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional years of experience preferred.
The following background checks must be successfully completed for this position:
This position will require successful completion of standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO is the Law
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact .
Penn State Policies
University Park, PA