Location: US - Remote
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do meaningful work, that makes a positive impact on a global scale! Join 90,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You'll find the resources here to achieve your career goals and help take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges.
The Director, Global Marketing, CE will have responsibility to meet the division objectives as follows:
* Serves as the marketing lead for the BU, providing support in the area of marketing strategy and management
* Develops with business and regional teams the annual and 5-year marketing plan and the strategies, tactics and resources to achieve system and goals
* Provides leadership and/or supports the design, development, and implementation of new products
* Oversees and provides direction to market and competitor analysis conducted for CE
* Maximizes value on marketing campaigns through consistent "standard methodology" and utilization (and continued improvement) of division-wide marketing gate approval process and reporting function that can supervise, measure and analyze performance
* Creates/executes strategy that increases brand equity for major brands
* Ensures continued focus on productivity. Increasing efficacy, efficiency while reducing costs of marketing tactics and programs
* Coordinates marketing efforts of distributors with strategic plans and objective
* Provides marketing skills and expertise to the company by building, developing and leading a marketing team capable of carrying out the vital marketing strategies and tactics
* Participates fully in professional societies and activities related to the Life Science industries in general and the marketing profession in particular
* Provides matrix leadership and co-ordination of the regional and business market development teams across the globe
Customer & Market Knowledge:
* Deep knowledge of CE and sequencing market - a strong understanding of customer segments (Research institutions, academic labs, Pharma/Biotech, service providers, reference labs, hospitals), competitive landscape, reimbursement and global market trends
* Brings the customer and our impact on them deeply into the organization. Understands genetic analysis workflows of various customer segments. Uses diverse global experience across various partners (researchers, academic leaders with vision, and clinicians) to bring relevant solutions to the market
* Understands the value of Sanger Sequencing and fragment analysis for both research and clinical market needs. Has knowledge of qPCR, Microarray, NGS platforms and corresponding applications in disease areas such as Infectious Disease and Oncology
* Conversant with research as well as clinical diagnostics (LDT & IVD) development process. Understands interpersonal requirements to design products/solutions, and can operate under the constraints of an increasingly multifaceted environment
* Strong execution - shown success working in a global, matrixed-environment; ability to overcome interpersonal inertia and create desired outcomes
* Track record of optimally driving interpersonal transformation through change initiatives. Experienced in setting efficient operating mechanisms and achieving critical metrics
* Is champion for the business. Demonstrates - a willingness to act, think in an unexpected way; influence others without direct authority; take calculated risks, learn from set-backs and repeat
* Able to build, retain and develop teams, including self. Well- developed self-awareness, resilience, persistence, courage, passion and reserve. Recruiter/retainer/developer of talent in own team and for the wider business. Passionate about continuous learning and development
* Exceptional skills in critical thinking including observation, analysis, inference, clear articulation of the problem/opportunities and problem-solving skills. Ability to investigate on the topic/issue and ask the right questions to own the team to the right solution/conclusion in an efficient and effective manner.
* Ability to drive multi-year product strategy and roadmap, including technology/innovation development, regulatory approval staging and product development capabilities expansion
* Relentlessly prioritizes to optimize portfolio and focus resources to grow
* Exceptional business and commercial acuity with ability to deliver results through customer-centric innovation, global commercial strategy (including channel management), and an engaged and empowered organization. Able to efficiently source and select opportunities and build strategic relationships
* Demonstrates "co-ownership" of revenue targets with the commercial team. Builds useful measurement to resolve return (both qualitative & quantitative and the right mix of action/outcome)
* Constantly aiming to improve business outcomes - revenue, profit, productivity, market share
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Business or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
* A validated experience and a consistent track record of accomplishments in a Life Science company.
* Must work optimally with scientists, clinicians, executives and leaders and staff of affiliated institutions and enterprises.
* Must have strong social skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of making pitches with a diverse range of individuals.
* Broad functional experience in areas of strategy and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising.