Apply for this job now
Director of Operations
- Madisonville, Kentucky
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day.
When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
The Director of Operations technical expertise, collaborative leadership in the ongoing development and direction for assigned practices including integrity of operational processes (both administrative and clinical), patient access, operations budgets, human resources, regulatory compliance and standardization of operational activities. The Director of Operations will partner with the Practice Managers to ensure efficient day-to-day operations and strong financial performance. Success in this position will be evidenced by the achievement of patient-centered service excellence, standardization of operations, strong financial results and physician engagement. Consistent with the mission and vision of Baptist Health, the BHMG clinics will be known for exceptional customer service and high quality patient care. The Director of Operations is expected to create a practice culture that is committed to patient-centered customer service, personal accountability, and regulatory compliance.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required:
BA/BS in Healthcare or Business related field required. MBA/MHA preferred - Business related expertise may be substituted for advanced degree. A minimum of 8 - 12 years of progressive management experience in physician practice operations. Experience in large group practice settings with multiple locations, 25 or more physicians, and hospital-owned or sponsored physician networks strongly preferred. Experience in physician practice acquisition and integration; as well as, practice development. Experience with minimizing gaps in operations related to physician practices.
VIII. Skills and Abilities Required:
* Customer service orientation, with patient-centric concept of service excellence. Requires appropriate clinical awareness with strong healthcare background. Proven ability to create an environment that leads to an exceptional patient experience.
* Exceptional relationship building and relationship management skills. Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to relate at all levels of the organization. Requires an executive presence.
* Understands physician relationship dynamics; has the professional demeanor and interpersonal skills to earn the respect, confidence, and support of physicians. Personal qualities of accountability, credibility, and trustworthiness will be key to establishing a working rapport. Ability to develop a team approach (physician/administrator) to patient care.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and opportunities, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations that support the organizational goals. Proven ability to effectively lead complex organizations with multiple stakeholders.
* Change management experience - requires the ability to separate the urgent from the important, manage time-sensitive projects, and competing priorities. Individual must be comfortable in an environment characterized by rapidly changing priorities, inherent complexity, with demanding timelines, and multiple stakeholders.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include formal document preparation and oral presentation experience. Ability to deliver board presentations and network updates.
* Strong business/financial acumen; propensity to be data and metrics driven.
If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now!
Employees will be expected to comply with Baptist Health's infectious disease and vaccination policies, which include but may not be limited to compliance with BHS' mandatory vaccination policies for influenza and COVID unless reasonable accommodations are needed under applicable law
Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Job Reference: 386582708-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Baptist Healthcare System, Inc.
- Location: Madisonville, Kentucky
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Executive Positions
- Job Type: Permanent