The Psychiatric Institute of Washington provides comprehensive behavioral healthcare for children, adolescents, adults, and senior adults suffering from mental health and addictive illnesses. PIW is a 130 bed, short-term, acute care hospital offering inpatient, partial and intensive outpatient hospitalization, as well as specialized treatment programs for chemical dependency. PIW has an excellent reputation as an innovative hospital with caring, dedicated staff, experienced in the delivery of behavioral healthcare. Situated in the safe, historical Tenleytown neighborhood, PIW is one mile from the Tenleytown Metro stop and within walking distance to local cafes and restaurants.
Benefits package include:
* Challenging and rewarding work environment
* Competitive Compensation
* Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Plan
* Generous Paid Time Off
* 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
* Career development opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
* Supportive and responsive leadership.
* Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
The Risk Manager (RM) has broad responsibility to protect the hospital's assets from loss. The Risk Manager is responsible for coordinating the loss control efforts and advising management and administration on all potential sources of loss and for making recommendations to minimize or eliminate exposure. The structure and functions of the Risk Management Program are designed so as to comply with guidelines and standards of JCAHO, other regulatory agencies, and the UHS T.E.R.M.© Program.
* Demonstrate ability to utilize various computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Medik.
* Able to communicate effectively, oral and written, to physicians, clinical staff and management in a professional and cooperative manner.
* Able to empathetically listen to patients and/or family members.
* Able to professionally discuss outcomes with various agencies (TJC, DOH, CSOSA, etc.).
* Able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and exhibit flexibility with deadlines and changing priorities.
* Bachelor's Degree in health-care related field
* 3 years experience in a psychiatric in-patient facility with knowledge of high-risk areas
* Knowledge of hospital operations, risk identification assessment and reduction and claims management
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
* Must possess strong computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Must be detail-oriented.
* Must possess strong organizational skills.
* Must possess strong people skills
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by contacting us at: or 1-