Apply for this job now
EIT - Industrial Water/Wastewater
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
McKim & Creed is an employee-owned engineering and surveying firm of people helping people solve complex, demanding infrastructure challenges. Our integrated approach connects national experts with a local perspective to deliver innovative solutions that serve both our clients and our communities.
McKim & Creed has a reputation for state-of-the-art design of facilities that treat, preserve and conserve the earth's finite water resources and optimize existing infrastructure and resources. Our highly respected teams of engineers and surveyors are committed to the innovation, sustainability and resource efficiencies that lead to a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future while helping communities leverage their infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Design-Build team. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we're glad you found McKim & Creed.
WATCH THIS VIDEO!
Watch this video to learn more about what it's like to be a part of our team!
Description for Engineer in Training (Industrial Water/Wastewater)
* Provides technical and design services in support of industrial and oil & gas water/wastewater related projects as part of a project team.
* Conducts technical evaluations for preliminary and final engineering evaluations, prepare various reports, produce design drawings, prepare technical specifications, and prepare permit submittals.
* Have familiarity with oil and gas and industrial water and wastewater treatment systems, along with fresh water and wastewater pipelines and pump stations.
* Prepares design computations and assessments.
* Produces design/construction drawings, technical specifications, and bid documents.
* Reports directly to their Project Manager.
* Responsible for completing design tasks within budget and on schedule.
* Communicates and coordinates technical evaluations and designs, technical writing of reports and correspondence with Project Manager and design team to complete work efficiently.
* Stays current with Local, State & Federal Design Standards and Regulations.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering
* Engineering Intern or Engineer in Training Certification.
* Must have at least 2 years of experience in water/wastewater engineering.
* Experience with industrial and oil & gas facilities preferred.
* Experience with steady-state pressurized pipeline network hydraulic modeling for: route verification, pipe sizing, pump sizing, booster pump locating, system capacity analysis, etc using Bentley® WaterGEMS/WaterCAD and Esri® ArcGIS
* Process-oriented individual with strong organization and technical skills.
* Solid communicator, able to take and understand directives from PM and coordinate efforts with design team.
* Strong writing and verbal skills
* Able to complete work consistently with moderate flexibility to accommodate varying demands put on them by PM's.
* May or may not require a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
McKim & Creed is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.
- Job Reference: 386582077-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Mc Kim & Creed
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Mining / Oil / Gas
- Job Type: Permanent