Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit .
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, we embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Responsible for the coordination and execution of all events contracted by the Sales Department.
Essential Functions of the position include:
I. Essential Functions
- Coordinate all aspects of operational set-up and break down of events (equipment needs, rental needs, and station set-up)
- Assists with Production department all aspects needed for an event
- Liaison between client and House of Blues Team Members throughout Event.
- Executes admission tickets and retail requests for Special Events
- Verbally communicate in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality of service and adherence to all applicable federal, state and local safety & health regulations and HOB standards.
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific HOB standard)
- Conduct Event Pre-Shift with Operations Managers and communicate event specifics at Team Member Pre-Shift
- Assures seamless transition for Client from Sales Department to Operations Manager during Event
- Handle all aspects of the Special Event once the special event order (SEO) has been distributed
- Maintain files in proper order after the special event order has been distributed.
- Client interaction; conducts site inspections and walk through with clients as requested by SM / DOS
- Assist Sales Manager(s) as requested with special needs by the client
- Conduct meetings such as the SEO Meeting and Production Meeting
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry; you may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the venue.
II. Accounting Functions
- Verify Deposit / Payments tracking schedules with Sales Manager
- Proper execution and completion of all post event paperwork: Party Recap Sheet, Captain's Report and Receipts
- Responsible for proper settlement or payment on night of event with client and entering billing information into Micros system to generate a final guest check
- Manage staff hours to ensure we are not exceeding our budget
III. Staff Functions
- Train all staff with regards to the proper techniques and etiquette for service
- Assist the staff and captains with the execution of events according to the event order and HOB standards
- Produce weekly banquet summary for all events - includes number of team members and their time to be scheduled and verify staffing was handled by Operations Managers.
- Oversee attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
IV. Inventory Functions
- Maintain and order all Linen inventory & cleaning
- Order equipment, maintain inventory / par levels & report deficiencies to DOS
- Order all specialty items as sold by Sales Manager and upsell to client as opportunity arises
- Ensures equipment rentals for SE are ordered and returned to vendors
- Obtain permits as needed
V. Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Knowledge of all appropriate table settings and etiquette
- Working knowledge of fine dining, strong food and wine knowledge and sequence of service (specific to Foundation Rooms).
- Basic Mathematical skills
- Ability to operate various food and beverage equipment present at a functions
VI. Working Environment / Physical Activities
- Physical activities include walking, talking, seeing, hearing, pushing, balancing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, handling. Ability to walk and stand for long period of time
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 pounds
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment with considerable noise and interruptions. Must be able to change activity frequently.
- High School Diploma
- Working knowledge of Restaurant & Music Hall Operations; event planning, food preparation & presentation, menu planning, food costing, computers (word processing, database spreadsheets)
- Entry level knowledge of legal and HR issues with regards to the hospitality industry (federal, state, and local law regarding liquor, labor and health code regulations) POS systems
- Exhibits positive attitudes; excellent written and verbal communication; high level of organizational and follow-through skills; communicates assertively; maintains personal integrity
- Ability to handle various projects at one time make good decisions; delegates; follow up; communicate with staff and guests in a positive manner
- College Degree
- Minimum of two years management experience in sales / marketing / catering; public speaking experience a plus.
This job description is a summary of duties, which you as an employee are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, rather a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you must understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of management, any employee may be asked to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.