Are you a leader looking for an opportunity to make a difference in your community?
AMIkids has served over 140,000 kids and their families since 1969. Being part of the AMIkids team means that you are helping youth to realize their full potential and become a valuable part of their community.
Founded in 1991, AMIkids Southwest Florida is a private, not-for-profit, vocational education facility in Fort Myers Beach, Florida. Since its inception, AMIkids Southwest Florida has helped young adults discover the potential within them, ultimately transforming their lives and strengthening our community. We empower our young adults through care and guidance and, as a result, break the cycle of failure and poverty. Since 1991, AMIkids Southwest Florida has helped over 2,500 young adults transform their lives.
Even youth with a troubled past have the potential to achieve a bright future, and AMIkids Southwest Florida works every day to separate their troubled past from a bright future.
The role of the Executive Director is the realization of AMIkids' mission to provide a safe and successful learning environment for troubled youth, while encouraging social and emotional development through the achievement of academic and personal goals. The Executive Director is responsible for providing vision, leadership and management of program resources to meet the established mission and goals; to include but not limited to Program Operations, Board Development, Financial Performance, Compliance and Community and Public Relations while reflecting AMIkids values. The Executive Director is the key management leader of AMIkids', responsible for overseeing the administration, financial management, programs, implementation of the strategic plan and growth of the organization. The Executive Director also serves as the primary fundraiser for the organization.
* Manage finances within approved budget; understand Program financial reports and take appropriate action to identify trends and discrepancies,
* Partner and support resource development activities to include grant writing, cultivation and stewardship of donors; actively seeking and maintaining a diverse donor base while maintaining AMIkids values,
* Ensure monetary functions are performed within AMIkids and IRS compliance, documentation and reporting regulatory requirements,
* Develop and maintain partnerships with stakeholders and Board Members; serve as a liaison for the Program,
* Create and implement a strong marketing/branding initiative to ensure successful promotion and fundraising of the Program within the community and interested parties,
* Communicate consistently by providing timely and accurate information to applicable parties to support successful functioning of the Program,
* Plan and direct program operations, local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support growth of existing Program and regional expansion while simultaneously retiring debt,
* Lead and manage the administration of program operations to ensure the program is effective and aligned with contract(s) and AMIkids' requirements,
* Provide effective leadership to team members in care of program youth,
* Maintain and promote a culture of quality though strategic goals, reviewing service delivery in regards to outcomes and customer satisfaction, and team member recognition,
* Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance including coaching and future performance development; manage training needs through learning management system; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems,
* Integrate and oversee the AMIkids Personal Growth Model (PGM) along with the Vocational Education initiatives,
* Implement policies and procedures; plan, organize and direct program goals and objectives; in alignment with AMIkids goals and objectives and contract requirements,
* Provide supportive leadership and management by motivating, guiding and developing your team,
* Assess/project compliance and risk management situations and address occurrences immediately,
* Foster productive working relationships with all stakeholders,
* Effectively perform and manage Executive Director accountabilities with Regional Director and Board of Directors,
* Attend and maintain appropriate crisis intervention and physical restraint training and certification as defined by state and contract requirements,
* Attend and maintain CPR and First Aid certification by nationally recognized organization,
* Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
* Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred,
* Five (5) years relevant work experience, including at least two (2) years in a leadership role supervising a group of people,
* Two (2) years of fundraising experience, including demonstrated success in managing special events and in cultivating, soliciting, and closing major gifts is preferred,
* Effective communication (verbal & written) skills, time management and project management skills,
What's in it for you?
As well as gain an opportunity to make an exceptional difference in kids' lives, AMIkids offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
* Growth opportunities - we pride ourselves on developing our leaders from within
* Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, & Prescription Drug plan options; Health Savings Account/HRA, Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
* PTO & Paid Holidays
* Wellness Benefits - EAP, Health Coaching, Stress Management Programs, etc.
* Employer Funded Pension Plan, Voluntary 403(B) Retirement Plan, Student Loan Forgiveness Program
* Pet Insurance, World Travel Assistance, Car Rental discounts, Gym Membership discounts, and more.