Apply for this job now
- Shawnee Mission, Kansas
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
The health and wellbeing of our staff members and residents is our number one priority. Our community is strictly following the CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and has restricted community access in accordance with state and local health agency direction. Our infectious disease protocols include but are not limited to:
* Screening staff members at the beginning and part way through each shift.
* All staff members are wearing face masks at all times while inside the community.
* Staff members have access to PPE including gloves, face masks, face shields, and gowns, if ever needed.
* Our community is utilizing telemedicine as much as possible. This ensures our residents are getting the care they need with as little risk of exposure as possible.
* As always, we are committed to transparency and will make all staff, residents, and families aware of any COVID-19 positive cases at our communities.
The Executive Director is required to effectively manage, direct and administer the organization in accordance with company policies and procedures, standards of practice for home health care administrators and government regulations, and maintain quality care for all clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Comply with the Community's personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
* Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with respect and dignity.
* Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
* Review and monitor compliance with policies pertaining to total patient care, personnel, medical staff, financial status, public relations and maintenance of building under broad directives from the Governing Board. Explain policies to staff and other concerned parties.
* Evaluate and monitor job descriptions, policy and procedure manuals for all agency positions with assistance from the HR Department.
* Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and completing new hire orientation for open positions within the Community.
* Meet with Department heads regularly.
* Conduct in-service and supervisory training meetings.
* Review and monitor competence of work force.
* Regularly check financial status, maintain efficient accounting system. Helps prepare annual budget and other records as necessary.
* Assist department heads with staffing issues and disciplinary issues.
* Monitors personal and staff compliance to residents' rights.
* Responsible of compliance to all State and Federal regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
* Must have a state issued Operator's License.
* Must be proficient with computer skills.
* If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company's Motor Vehicles policy.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
* Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
* Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds. The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although they may not be a requirement of the job.
- Job Reference: 386584085-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Midwest Health
- Location: Shawnee Mission, Kansas
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Executive Positions
- Job Type: Permanent