Division/Department: Food & Beverage
Job Title: First Class Cook
Reports To: Food & Beverage Management
Type of position: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Employee Classification: Seasonal
Location: Food & Beverage Depot Office
Compensation: $14 - $16 hourly, DOE and Certifications
Job Summary: The Line Cook/Prep Cook will prepare all food production with a primary focus on high standards in food quality and sanitation. Assist the Head Cook in creating and producing standard recipes, special menu items, inventory control and waste control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks with MOD for daily food numbers and objectives.
- Assists the Head Cook in all food production.
- Produce foods using approved standard recipes.
- Making sure the quality of any food product produced and maintaining sanitation in accordance with State and Federal food codes.
- Ensure that the food presentation is met with high standards at all times.
- Maintain, clean and organize walk-ins, refrigerators and freezers weekly.
- Be in complete uniform at all times during shift.
- Keeps car clean, neat and free from clutter and debris during the excursion.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment in compliance with all local and federal health codes.
- Adhere to company service standards, procedures and policies.
- Assist with end of month inventory, daily waste logs and out of stock items for re-order.
- Ensure proper amounts of pork are cooked the night before, Checking oven temps before and after.
- Assists with receiving, storage, and proper handling of inventories
- Other duties as requested by Food & Beverage Management and/ or GSMR senior mgmt.
Education, Skill and Work Experience Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of food service and preparation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Able to prioritize tasks.
- Good balance/equilibrium: walk on moving trains.
- Must possess organizational skills with ability to multi-task while prioritizing workload with practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Ability to communicate successfully with a variety of personalities and function effectively as a member of a team.
- Available to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to constantly improve and adapt to changes easily.
- Must have professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check & Driver's license check (for using F&B van and golf cart).
- Able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules.
- Able to use basic restaurant equipment to include but not limited to: Gas and convection ovens, slicers, dishwasher, knives, and steam tables.
- Able to work long days may require prolonged standing and lifting of objects up to 50lbs.
- Able to work with many types of personalities and able to work out problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to work in all types of weather.
- Able to tolerate temperatures of 0-100 degrees.
- Able to tolerate a fast-paced, hectic environment.
This is a job description, not intended to be specific. We work as a team at GSMR and you may be asked to do additional tasks.