This opportunity takes the cake.
You have great people skills and a natural creative flair. You thrive on a busy schedule and meeting everyday deadlines. And you understand the importance of WOWING our customers with beautiful presentations and high-quality bakery items. If you're customer-focused and enjoy learning everything you can about decorating cakes, you'll thrive as a Cake Decorator
in our Central Bakery in Bridgeton, Missouri. As an associate on our team, you will ensure that every cake is a work of art. We will rely on you to:
Why Dierbergs is different
- Decorate cakes to customers' specifications
- Squeeze pastry bags and monitor the weights and quality of cakes, filling and icings
- Comply with all safe working procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure safe and wholesome products
- Organize and maintain stock level of all cake supplies using a First-In/First-Out method
- Maintain product records
- Follow safe handling guidelines and assist in maintaining plant cleanliness by using company-approved cleaners and equipment - ok
- Contributing to a positive team environment
What you need to succeed
- We'll encourage your creativity and flair to create beautiful designs on our dessert and specialty cakes.
- Our culture is front and center; we're known for being friendly and treating each other like family.
- We hire people who are independent, reliable and accountable and give you the training you need to succeed.
- You're encouraged to work independently and exercise autonomy.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Basic reading and math skills
- Creativity and good eye for design
- Conformity to Dierbergs dress code, appearance and personal hygiene standards
- Ability to work well with others
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule that includes weekends and holidays
- Promptness and dependability
What's in it for you?
- Willingness to receive a Hepatitis A vaccination
- Weekly paychecks - yes, we are going to pay you every single week!
- No overnight shifts
- Off most Sundays
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health benefits, pension and 401(k) after qualifying period
- Off most holidays and holiday pay for six holidays
- Vacation, personal and sick days offered to promote work/life balance
- Work/life balance and so you can have a life, too
- Training and growth potential to help you reach your career goals with us
- Wellness initiatives, Associate appreciation and volunteer opportunities to keep you engaged and involved
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of all the tasks an Associate in this position may be required to perform.
Discover your Hometown Career at the Hometown Store!
Celebrating over 160 years, Dierbergs is a family-owned retail supermarket chain with nearly 4,000 associates, 24 St. Louis metro-area stores and a location at Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks. Named the #1 grocery store in Missouri (by ) and the 11 th best grocery store in the nation (by Consumer Reports ), we are known for our superior customer service and wide range of fresh, healthy products. We also give back to our communities through a variety of annual initiatives.