Apply for this job now
Global Customer Excellence Leader, Core Accounts
- Carlsbad, California
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Global Core Account Customer Excellence Leader is part of the Customer Excellence Organization (CEO) within the Commercial organization supporting the BioProduction Group portfolio which provides biotechnology and biopharmaceutical customers with integrated solutions across the entire bioproduction workflow. Our technologies include: Cell Culture; Cellular Medicine; Chromatography; Pharma Analytics; Single Use Technologies; Production Chemicals and GMP Supply Chain Services.
This position is responsible for building and maintaining excellent customer relationships with BioProduction (BPG) Core strategic accounts and partners. This position reports to the Global Director of Customer Excellence, BioProduction.
* Represent the Global BPG CEO supporting all customer sites for targeted accounts. Manage the interface between the account, Core Account Manager, Bioproduction Account Manager and the CEO team members serving as key point of contact with Commercial and Customer for order and project management across the BioProduction Group.
* Lead order review sessions with Customers to provide order status updates and visibility. Engage with Collaborative Demand Planners to improve core account delivery reliability and extend visibility into order horizon providing QBR/MBR support and attendance.
* Oversee the global price management for assigned accounts. Ensure pricing consistency across regions and drive adherence to price lists, volume tiers and applicable fees.
* Build Global Price lists for MSAs and Annual pricing agreements. Inform and educate assigned CEO team members of approved price increases and Master Supply Agreement updates and revisions.
* Develop strong relationships with Corporate Accounts, BPG Commercial and CEO leadership to ensure mutually beneficial results for BPG and the account. Accountable for influencing internal stakeholders to generate end customer results and, holding customer accountable to delivering commitments to BPG.
* Own the assigned core objectives supporting the CEO strategy related to order management and customer experience enhancements
* Coordinate with BPG CEO support resources to provide comprehensive solutions through sales opportunity project oversight and management. Drive "inquiry to order" and "order to delivery" issue resolution for assigned accounts based on the entire product and services portfolio across all BPD and regions.
* Lead in a matrix structure by organizing and facilitating the involvement of other cross-functional teams (ie. Quality, Supply Chain, Operations, etc) as necessary to manage a successful account relationship.
* Understand the life sciences/BPD industry and market trends, as well as readily assimilate technical knowledge and translate into business opportunities and account solutions.
Bachelor's degree in the Life Sciences, Finance, Business or related required. Advanced scientific degree and an MBA preferred.
5+ years' experience in sales and support for large and complex accounts in a related technical product area.
Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
Highly developed negotiation and issue resolution management skills for customer interaction
Possesses strong business acumen. Understands how the business works. Knowledgeable in current and potential future trends, policies, practices, and information affecting the account. Familiarity and awareness of the competition is a plus.
Dedicated to exceeding customer expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; leverages firsthand customer feedback for improvement in product and services, acts with customer as top of mind gaining trust and respect
Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills to a diverse audience are critical to the success of the position
Demonstrated thought leader, generates new ideas, easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions, seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions.
Systematic problem solver by working with customers and account team with ability to set priorities and easily identify what will help or hinder success
Strong presentation skills and creativity to develop materials for presentations to internal and external audiences. Ability to work in good collaboration within an account team across a matrixed environment
Ability to travel to customer sites locally and internationally
Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing, per client discretion.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.'
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Job Reference: 386581257-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Location: Carlsbad, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Executive Positions
- Job Type: Permanent