Apply for this job now
Goldstrike - Powderman
- Carlin, Nevada
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Powderman to join our underground maintenance team.
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most values gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Employees in this classification perform tire replacements and repairs to provide continuous operation of vehicles and production equipment. Employees must comply with state and federal health and safety regulations, company policies and procedures and the company's environmental compliance policy. Employees will perform other duties as directed and needed by the company to ensure optimal safe operation.
* Electronic Detonation - Competent in the use of Non-EL and Electronic Detonation systems.
* Demonstrates safe operations on and around the blast pattern -
* Demonstrates proper use and type of product, priming, taping and stemming according to field conditions and blast design.
* Understanding of equipment - Proficiently operates Skid steer, Bobcat, loader and stemming truck, Properly loads and unloads the Bobcat or Skid steer on or off the trailer.
* Understanding SOP's, CFR and BATFE regulations
* Demonstrates competency on how to properly fill out a shot report and supplies used, Understands the blasting regulations in SOP's, CFR and BATFE.
* Competent to operate drill water truck
* Demonstrates safe work performance and holds others accountable.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
What We Can Offer You
* A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
* Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
* An opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
* Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
* Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
* Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Reference: 386582932-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Carlin, Nevada
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Mining / Oil / Gas
- Job Type: Permanent