Marsh McLennan's shared purpose-to make a difference in the moments that matter-materializes through our people and culture. In HR, we put our people and culture at the heart of every decision to create opportunity and growth. We're trusted advisors and specialists, and together, we ensure our colleagues experience a vibrant and inclusive culture, inspiring leadership, the ability to grow and learn, and a value proposition that is compelling and guided by trust.
The HR Manager is a critical role within the People Services Function to drive this purpose forward. The HR Manager role will support one of our larger business unit's. The position location is flexible, however, ideally based in East or Central part of US.
What can you expect?
* HR Managers coach, support and advise People Managers, aiming to develop and enhance the quality of people management throughout the colleague lifecycle. The role of the HR Manager therefore has a direct and positive impact on the quality of the colleague experience across Marsh & McLennan.
* Under the guidance of the Lead HR Manager, the HR Manager is aligned to a specific group of People Managers who are likely to come from businesses and functions across Marsh & McLennan. Our aim is to provide consistent high quality support for People Managers regardless of the business or function.
* HR Managers will work with other HR Managers to exercise flexibility in resource to accommodate flexibility in demand.
* HR Managers will also be key to the deployment and adoption of new processes or initiatives which are aimed at People Managers. HR Managers will need to understand and reflect the local market perspective whilst respecting the value of enterprise-wide alignment where appropriate.
* The HR Manager will also provide valuable insights to the Centers of Expertise which will inform the development and prioritization of initiatives, programs and project designed for colleagues and/or People Managers. They will provide guidance on local issues, including works council and legislative and regulatory regulations which relate to employment.
What is in it for you?
* Opportunity to advise and consult on people matters in a business where the People function is considered an essential partner.
* Partnering with other HR Managers and collaborating across Operating Companies (visibility across all Operating Companies).
* Mentoring other HR Managers who are key to our team's success.
* A company with a strong brand and strong results to match.
* Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
We will count on you to:
* Be a part of the People Services function which is responsible for the deployment of enterprise-wide HR programs and initiatives.
* Get immersed in regional and local operations to remain attuned to regional and country nuances across the businesses.
* Provide guidance and support to People Managers across the full range of activities in the HR portfolio, including:
* Colleague performance management, skills and competence development and learning. This may include supporting implementation of colleague training or mentoring programs and monitor compliance where required.
* Communications, change management and organizational effectiveness.
* Compensation, benefits and total rewards including during the year end process when HR Managers will coach People Managers on discussions about performance and reward discussions and provide advice during the annual benefits enrollment process.
* Wellbeing, including managing the local delivery of wellness related programs including annual health screenings.
* Leave, absence and related topics including coordinating with workforce administration team for return-to-work accommodations and logistics.
* Inclusion and diversity awareness and considerations.
* Employee relations matters including investigations, performance improvement processes, disciplinary actions, grievances, appeals etc. Where matters are more complex, the HR Manager will engage with the Employee Relations CoE for advice and support.
* Career development including succession planning and mobility internally.
* Support and from time to time take responsibility for coordinating, the rollout and delivery of HR programs in-region and contribute to process improvements.
* Provide local business or country insights to inform CoEs or People Partners who may be developing strategic solutions to support workforce planning, succession or performance management.
* During organizational restructuring activities, coordinate necessary activity to support People Managers and affected colleagues including planning and execution of consultations with colleagues about changes affecting roles or terms of employment.
* Ensure that regulatory and statutory obligations are discharged locally including works council accountabilities and statutory and/or regulatory reporting requirements.
* Coordinate with the Global Mobility COE to oversee delivery of all mobility activity and liaise with colleague and mobility vendor to ensure a successful relocation.
* Consults with People Partners and CoEs to determine best practices, continuously improving delivery methods, and especially taking into account regional or country-specific nuances to guide the delivery of local implementation
* Support peers and less experienced HR Managers as required to ensure that the team delivers a consistent and high quality service across all locations for which it is responsible.
* Recruitment activity in most locations will be managed by the Talent Acquisition CoE. HR Managers may be involved for example providing input to candidate and role profiles or participating in interviews if requested for certain roles. The HR Manager will also support People Managers with onboarding new hires, ensuring that required global or local induction has been completed, local in-person onboarding documentation collected if required and that an appropriate plan for onboarding has been developed by the People Manager.
Experiences that make you stand out:
* 4+ years' relevant experience in HR alongside a requirement for suitable qualifications.
* Able to operate without supervision in most situations and able to judge when guidance is required for more complex situations and seek support from appropriate colleagues/experts.
* Experienced in supporting managers with employee relations case management including investigations and administration of hearings
* Demonstrated ability to coach People Managers at most levels in the business effectively through all aspects of the employee life cycle including in more complex situations.
* Able to identify opportunities to make improvements to the service provided by People Services, and demonstrates a willingness and aptitude to lead work to define and implement changes that will deliver a better service to People Managers.
* Experience of successfully supporting project/initiative implementation across a population of managers recognizing the broader business objectives and perspectives across multiple business lines / geographies
* Thorough understanding of local laws, regulation and company policies and HR processes and familiar with MMC's internal and external formal processes (e.g. works councils, regulatory meetings and submissions).
* Demonstrated passion for regular self-investment to maintain up-to-date professional knowledge and competence.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to connect with colleagues in business and in wider HR including CoEs and People Partners when required
* Whilst all MMC Core Competencies are important for this role, those that will be particularly critical to success include:
* Client service: Responding effectively to internal client needs
* Collaboration: Valuing and working well with diverse others
* Communication and influence: Communicate and engage others skillfully
* Learning orientation: Learn and grow self
* Innovation: Innovate new and better ways of doing things
Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries. With annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investment outcomes, and unlock health and wellbeing for a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.