Sumitomo Electric Semiconductor Materials, Inc., a Sumitomo Electric Company, is looking for a seasoned HR Manager in our Hillsboro, OR office. This person will manage our human resources department, overseeing administration of hiring, retention, termination, personnel records, legal compliance, compensation, benefits, payroll, employee relations, and long-term staffing strategies. Additional responsibilities include development and administration of personnel rules and regulations, pay and job classification structure, and programs for employee training, safety, health, and morale.
* Sets policies for hiring and oversees adherence to EEOC and affirmative action programs and diversity goals set by the corporation.
* Establishes policies that seek to increase retention rates and foster employee job satisfaction and high morale.
* Approves terminations, and exercises care that reasons are well documented and are not arbitrary or discriminatory.
* Manage employee relations; work with management on the issue; provide guidance and consultation
* Manage payroll processing using ADP Vantage from start to finish.
* Oversees maintenance of accurate and complete personnel records. Ensures that rules concerning confidentiality and retention are followed.
* Keeps abreast of legislation affecting human resources; trains management and monitors company policies to ensure compliance.
* Oversees preparation of job descriptions and compensation programs. Seeks incentive programs that encourage excellent performance and increase retention rates.
* Reviews benefits and tries to maximize job satisfaction while keeping the cost of the benefits package under control.
* Works with top management to set long-term staffing goals and strategies.
* Works and collaborates with the HR team at the holding company.
* Oversees training and safety programs in context of compliance with government regulation.
* Manages HR related IT framework and infrastructure including regular payroll processing, benefit data transmission, HR database, and other HR related IT tasks
* Makes regular reports to General Manager Business Strategies and other management members including President.
* Other duties as assigned, when required.
* A bachelor's (preferably a master's) degree in business administration or related field.
* 10+ years of experience in human resources with increasing supervisory and organizational responsibilities.
* 5+ years working experience with ADP Vantage.
* Thorough knowledge of laws affecting human resources administration.
* Demonstrated management and organizational skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Working knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations
* High level of integrity and demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
* Self-direct and proficient at multi-tasking.
* Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* World-class customer service skills.
* Ability to interact with team members from all levels of the organization.
* Ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
* Accurate, dependable, detail oriented, analytical with strong organizational skills.
About Sumitomo Electric Semiconductor Materials, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Semiconductor Materials, Inc. (SESMI) is a company that specializes in compound semiconductor substrates that are used by customers to manufacture components for smartphones, light sources for optical communications networks, and other electronic devices. At our production facility, we perform final processing and inspection of GaAs (gallium arsenide) substrates. SESMI is also responsible for the sales of GaAs substrates, along with substrates made from InP (indium phosphide) and GaN (gallium nitride). More details on these products are provided below.
SESMI was established in 2000 in Hillsboro, Oregon, which is in Portland's high-tech cluster known as Silicon Forest. We are part of the Sumitomo Electric Group's international supply chain for high-quality compound semiconductors, and have built our business over the years by working closely with our customers in the United States to meet their stringent technical requirements. All of our products are manufactured to customer specifications. SESMI's plant is ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 certified.
About Sumitomo Electric Group
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. is a recognized global technology leader with over 280,000 employees working at around 400 group companies in 40 countries. Building on more than 120 years of innovation, today Sumitomo Electric is engaged in diversified business activities that support people's daily lives and industries in five business segments: automotive, infocommunications, electronics, environment & energy, and industrial materials. To learn more about Sumitomo Electric, please visit . You can watch videos from our past interns and corporate profile from our YouTube Channel (). Follow us on LinkedIn ().