Who We Are - Company Overview & Culture:
ColRich is a second-generation family owned residential real estate company based in the heart of Little Italy in Downtown San Diego. For over 40 years, ColRich has been an industry landmark continually recognized for integrating design and value into creative residential solutions. Our pioneering family-run company has grown to incorporate single-family homes, townhomes and mid-rise condominium construction into our development repertoire and has become one of the leading multifamily owners, with 17,000 units in the western United States.
Importantly, ColRich's commitment to forward-thinking architecture, global design elements and attention to detail in product and service results in quality homes that truly appeal to homebuyers and renters. ColRich attracts development professionals who are highly motivated, self-driven and results oriented.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has humility, a strong work ethic, creativity and a sense of ownership of their role and responsibilities. These are the company's core values and the foundation on which our company's success is built upon.
How We Work - Our Core Values:
- Family - We are a family run business and treat every member as such. ColRich relationships are based upon trust, transparency, and respect.
- Work Ethic - The ColRich team brings passion to their work, always giving 100%. Our team members roll up their sleeves and are hands-on participants at every level of the organization, supporting their colleagues and the overall platform to produce the best product at the highest standard.
- Humility - No matter the title or seniority level, every member remains grounded and in service to the team as a whole. Team members let the situation, instead of their title or ego, dictate how to best serve the company and one another.
- Creativity - We have a creative and collaborative work environment that remains nimble in an ever-changing marketplace. We value new ideas and expect each team member to be adaptable beyond their core function. ColRich places a heavy emphasis on a constantly evolving workplace to create, develop and innovate.
- Ownership - Every team member takes onus of their role. Knowing their role has a direct impact, each team member approaches their work with a pride of ownership.
- Little Italy/Downtown location for convenient access great restaurants and after hour activities
- Transit options paid by company including coaster, trolley and buses
- Culture based events
- Base salary and discretionary annual bonus competitive with industry standards
- Health and dental insurance paid fully at the employee level by employer
- 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and vacation time
Position: Investor Relations & Legal Coordinator - San Diego, CA
About the Role: The Investor Relations & Legal Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Capital Markets & Investor Relations and be an integral part of the ColRich Team. This position will touch all aspects of investor relations including acquisition equity tracking, deal structuring, assignments of interest/buyouts, misc. reporting and tax administration. In addition to the investor relations duties, the Investor Relations & Legal Coordinator will run point on the creation of various legal documents, reviewing documents and coordinating the necessary in-house approvals in order to produce finalized documents for investor execution. A successful candidate is reliable, organized, articulate and knows how to utilize these traits to effectively and efficiently work among various departments within the company.
Specific responsibilities include:
o Maintain a record of investor inquiries and information updates using Asana
o Act as administrator of investor portal (Juniper Square) and manage all aspects of deal/investor information ensuring it is correct and up-to-date
o Track new acquisition equity and provide updates to Acquisition Team in anticipation of escrow closing
o Assist with quarterly and special distributions and act as a point of contact for distribution information to internal and external parties
o Act as point of contact for Tenant in Common project owner information requests/questions
o Update and maintain investor roster for use in annual K-1 preparation
o Support Tax Team by reviewing annual K-1s to ensure accurate investor information is reported
o Assist in the execution, organization, and tracking of finance/tax documents and associated filings
o Initiate the preparation of legal documents with outside counsel and internal parties and facilitate their timely execution
o Prepare partnership assignments of interest, purchase and sale agreements/redemptions, and investor ownership exhibits for joint venture agreements
o Prepare organizational documents and register new entities to do business in various states as needed
o Update and maintain entity list and process required information filings to remain in good standing
o Notarize various legal documents
- Other ad-hoc projects and duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree and Paralegal certificate preferred but not required
- A minimum 4 years' related experience
- Strong understating of legal and joint venture terminology
- Extensive knowledge of joint venture documents, contracts and aptitude to understand financial concepts
- Currently a Notary Public or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of start date
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with requisite computer skills; ability to learn new systems quickly
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- People person; comfortable interfacing with external parties
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and anticipate the needs of a dynamic team
- High commitment, service orientation, and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Prior experience with Juniper Square a plus