McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. Zatarain's, a leader in New Orleans cuisine owned by McCormick, is seeking a 2nd Shift Lab Technician at its facility located in Gretna, Louisiana.
With $4 billion in annual sales, McCormick & Company, Incorporated manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and food service businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better™. To learn more please visit us at .
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick & Co., Inc. offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. Zatarain's benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), defined contribution plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Description of Position:
Zatarain's, a leader in New Orleans cuisine, is seeking a full time Quality Assurance Technician at its facility located in Gretna. As an employer recognized for commitment to employees, Zatarain's offers a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services which addresses the needs of employees and their families. Zatarain's benefits include, but are not limited to, medical, dental group life insurance, disability, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
The Quality Control Technician position exists to work with production and shipping department personnel to insure the overall quality of raw materials, in process materials and finished goods. Under the general supervision of the Quality Control Manager, this individual must be able to remain fully attentive of their work surroundings while working at a steady pace. They must be able to multitask and learn different work assignments. Individuals must be able to adapt to various work assignments; must keep their work area clean and follow all safety and Good Manufacturing guidelines. In addition, individuals must work well with others in a supportive team environment in order to meet production, quality and quantity standards, while reducing waste and rework and minimizing downtime.
* Ensures raw materials, in process materials and finished goods meet quality specifications.
* Performs daily evaluation checks on assigned production lines or work areas.
* Conducts lab analysis of items produced.
* Inspects incoming shipments of packaging materials, raw materials and truck trailers for package integrity, infestation, appearance and odors.
* Maintain accurate required documentation.
* Perform inspection and disposition of customer returns.
* Perform daily housekeeping duties in the work area and occasional housekeeping duties in the plant or warehouse areas including sweeping, vacuuming and collecting trash.
* Operate equipment in a safe manner and ensure the equipment is in good working order by checking and reporting equipment problems.
* Follow all safety and Good Manufacturing guidelines.
Must be able to lift 6-7 pounds on a frequent basis and 40 pounds occasionally.
* Must have the ability to read, write and perform simple math calculations.
* Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to follow established procedures.
* Must be able to communicate effectively and work well with others.
* Must be able to work in a dusty environment with strong odors.
* Must be able to work overtime on a frequent basis and on weekends as required by scheduling/production demands.
* Must be able to bend, stoop and climb stairs.
* High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent: 1-2 years college preferred.
McCormick and Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.