Toxikon Corporation, originally founded in 1977, is a Contract Research and Testing company with laboratories in Bedford, MA. Our mission is to provide quality pre-clinical research services to Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, and Biotech industries.
Toxikon is seeking an entry level lab assistant to work in the In Vivo Biocompatibility department. The successful candidate will have interaction with In Vivo Research Associates, In Vivo Study Directors, Vet Care staff and interface with laboratory management regarding all day-to-day activities of the studies. They will be responsible for providing logistical support for the studies being conducted. As a laboratory assistant, you will be responsible for preparing animals for the studies conducted, including shaving, weighing and identification. Additionally, you will be responsible to ensure the technical conduct and regulatory compliance of your duties comply with FDA GLP and ISO regulatory guidelines.
* Weighing animals and recording the data.
* Monitoring animals while on study or recovering from anesthesia.
* Preparing animals for procedures including shaving and identification.
* Assist Research Associates in study conduct and Quality Assurance phase audits.
* Deliver biological samples from point of collection to lab of analysis
* Make sure labs are stocked with necessary supplies
* High school diploma.
* Strong interpersonal skills in a diverse work environment.
* Strong oral and written communication skills are key functions of this position.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* The ability to multitask a fast paced environment.
* Must not have allergies to animals.
This position is located in Bedford, MA.
For additional information about Toxikon go to .
Toxikon offers a comprehensive benefits program including: paid vacation, sick and personal time, 401(k) plan with company match, medical, dental, vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurances, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, employee referral bonus, discount programs and more.
Toxikon is an equal opportunity employer. As an equal opportunity employer we do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant because of race, sex, gender, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, color, military/veteran status, genetic condition or information, Family and Medical Leave entitlement, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, qualified physical or mental disability, transgender status, or any other legally protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.