Apply for this job now
Manager, Human Resources
- Tampa, Florida
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Core-Mark's distribution center located in Tampa, FL is looking for an exceptionally talented, bright and driven HR professional. A vital role, the HR Manager is both a strategic and hands-on collaborator that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our distribution center. The position is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. The Human Resources Manager is a champion of culture change, a mentor and leader, coaching managers in development of others, will challenge the status quo, and offer creative solutions to business issues.
* The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
* A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
* Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
* Coaching and mentoring at management level.
* Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs.
* Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
* For us, key strengths are recognized as - flexibility, fantastic communication skills and huge amounts of drive.
* The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves".
* A strong solutions focus and comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
* Strong internal and external customer service focus.
* The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results.
* Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence.
* Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization.
* Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Preparation and distribution of bi-weekly payroll.
* Maintenance of personnel records and status changes.
* Creating/maintaining all reports required for payroll.
* Tracking of vacation, sick time, holidays taken.
* Administer benefits for employees - medical, dental, vision and 401K.
* Distribute all information from corporate to employees as needed, posting information as required by corporate and by law.
* Benefit orientation for new hires/newly eligible employees.
* Facilitate enrollment for AFLAC, 401K, and other benefits.
* Track FMLA and disability leaves.
* Short term/Long term disability processing and follow through.
* Report accidents.
* Work with the Risk Department.
* Work with Worker's Comp Administrator.
* Follow up and monitor return to work status.
* Coordinate benefits.
* Safety committee organization, monitoring, and monthly reporting.
* Respond to state inquiries and claims.
* Prepare for hearings and co-ordinate with managers involved.
* Work with managers to avoid unnecessary claims.
* Labor Law Awareness.
* Talent Management, Recruitment, hiring, posting jobs, screen applicants, pre-employment testing, maintain all records for compliance.
* Maintain list of proof of vehicles insurance for sales and merchandising employees, notify managers of those with expired proof of insurance.
* Work with department managers to determine hiring needs, place ads as necessary, screen employment applications, log pending drug screen results for new hires, and maintain interviewing records.
* Investigate and resolve hotline complaints.
* Assisting supervisors/managers in identifying and resolving employee relations issues.
* Interpreting company policies and procedures.
* Working with management to meet staffing requirements of the Division.
* Assist in termination process of employees
* A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
* 8+ year's human resource experience.
* PHR/SPHR strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated experience working with all levels of employees.
* Experience supporting hourly employee client groups.
* Experience in a call center, distribution center, retail, or manufacturing environment.
* Master's Degree or MBA in HRM preferred
* Up to date and working knowledge of federal and state labor and payroll laws required.
- Job Reference: 386584936-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Core Mark
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: HR / Recruitment
- Job Type: Permanent