Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Manager, Talent Acquisition
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
* A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
* Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
* A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at:
About this opportunity ....
The Talent Acquisition Manager will oversee the recruitment process for LA Buying Office at the Buyer/Director level and below. Develop target lists, source, and interview candidates to determine potential fit. Manage all facets of the selection process to include referencing, background checks and compensation recommendations. Partner with Senior Management to review upcoming talent needs and develop recommendations and solutions to fill roles within predetermined timeframes. Provide an exceptional, white glove service to all candidates and business stakeholders.
* Manage candidate development and candidate flow for all Buyer/Director and below searches. Qualify candidates through resume screening, phone interviews, and in person interviews for fit and future potential
* Manage search strategy for each open position. This will include partnering with the Sourcing team to build target lists, obtain research and identify alternative resources
* Communicate clearly and proactively with all candidates throughout the search process, providing a high-touch, candidate centric experience
* Facilitate final steps in the hiring process, from reference checking to development of compensation packages through new hire onboarding
* Develop relationships with hiring managers and business stakeholders, communicating frequently on open searches. Partner to review upcoming talent needs and develop recommendations to fill roles to help support business strategies through acquisition of top talent
* Responsible for the growth and development of a Recruiting Coordinator and Recruiter
* Oversee updating of weekly Staffing Report and additional reports as needed
* Manage external recruiting agencies for both regular and temporary staffing as needed
* Promote Ross' Employee Value Proposition to candidates and research new recruiting trends to market Ross as an employer of choice
* Manage and complete special projects as assigned
Who you are ...
* You have 7+ years recruiting experience in a service industry, with a preference for corporate retail experience
* You have a Bachelor's degree
* You are proficient at an intermediate level in Microsoft Office
* You have demonstrated the ability to recruit and interview to assess talent and potential
* You can set priorities and exercise independent judgment
* You have demonstrated the ability to manage high volume recruiting process while assuring quality of control
* You have demonstrated the ability to build and foster strong relationships with hiring managers at all levels
* You can consistently ensure impeccable follow through and communication to the organization
* You can maintain confidentiality of all reports and compensation information.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
* A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
* Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
* Employee stock purchase plan*
* Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
* Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
* Parent support programs
* And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change