Apply for this job now
Mining Equipment Operator - Stripping
- Ochlocknee, Georgia
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Department: Mining - Stripping (Hours: 6am-6pm)
Reports To: Mining Supervisor
The Heavy Equipment Operator utilizes a variety of heavy equipment including scrapers, dozers, excavators, mine haul trucks and backhoes to mine and transport clay.
* Operates heavy equipment such as those listed above in a safe manner.
* Records quantity of material mined as well as the hours of operation of the equipment.
* Lubricates and provides routine maintenance of equipment.
* Keeps areas clean and free of clutter.
* Follows all safety rules and regulations
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Mine raw material at Mine, utilizing a variety of heavy equipment.
* Count and record amount of raw material removed from mine and transported to various locations.
* Ability to service and operate mine equipment (i.e., haul trucks, backhoe, excavator, tractor, bulldozer and road grader).
* Services forklifts, line truck and heavy duty equipment.
Tracks and files Daily inspection forms.
* Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
* Must act in accordance with WE CARE.
* Participates in improvement activities.
* Other actions as needed to satisfy company goals, process, and procedures and to uphold values inherent to Oil-Dri.
* May require valid commercial driver's license.
* Evidence of ability to operate heavy equipment safely.
* Ability to read mining maps as necessary.
* Must meet Oil-Dri assessment requirements
* Valid Commercial Driver's License Desired
* Must be able to read, comprehend, and act on product specifications, SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures), PWI (Process Work Instructions), AIQ processes, and similar documents.
* Receive training, and operate equipment associated with the mine, (i.e., dozers, excavators, water wagon, ore haul trucks, scraper, grader).
* Work with Plant Maintenance personnel to learn maintenance skills.
* Previous experience with heavy duty equipment operation
* Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work.
* Maintenance background helpful.
* Ability to work in safe manner.
* Good communication skills
* Physical endurance to withstand operation of geared equipment and to withstand heavy physical labor required.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven, rocky or sloped terrain.
* Ability to climb ladders, stairs, and inclines while carrying tools.
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently.
* Must be able to hear radio communications.
* Must be able to function in the required role while wearing appropriate PPE including, but not limited to: Safety glasses, hearing protection, dust mask, protective coveralls, and other as may be required by a hot/cold, dusty, loud industrial environment.
* Must meet all physical requirements of the position
Hire Rate: $19.39
* Pay Type Hourly
* Oil-Dri Corporation of Georgia, PO Box 200A, Ochlocknee, Georgia, United States of America
- Job Reference: 386583068-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Oil-Dri
- Location: Ochlocknee, Georgia
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Mining / Oil / Gas
- Job Type: Permanent