Apply for this job now
PART-TIME PROPERTY TAX CLERK - Tax Office
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
THIS POSTING MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME ONCE A SUFFICIENT
NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED
Perform Tax Office mail sorting and payment processing. Solves problems associated with the Revenue Processing Center and collection of ad valorem taxes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Picks up Tax Office Mail from mailroom daily.
* Identifies, sorts, and delivers mail to all groups within the Tax Office.
* Prepares and scans all Tax Office mail-in payments.
* Verifies payments that were not identified by software and correcting errors.
* Maintains all Ops Center equipment daily including cleaning lens, clearing cutters, adjusting and changing belts, and logging on and off machines daily.
* Files and shreds checks daily for all Tax Office locations.
* Sifts through backup and envelopes for any missed payments prior to sending to recycle.
* Prints, files, and logs machine reports and log sheets.
* Keeps all supplies and forms stocked.
* Performs all other related duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED.
* One (1) year of Full-Time general office or retail experience preferred.
* Basic keyboarding skills required.
* Knowledge of cash handling.
If hired, you must provide proof of educational attainment at new hire processing
Tarrant County will conduct background checks on new hires that will include a criminal background check related to convictions and deferred adjudications in the past seven years and may include credit reports, motor vehicle records, employment records and educational attainment. A conviction or deferred adjudication is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered individually.
Physical Demands and Work Environment & Other Requirements
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to bend, carry, climb, hear, keyboard, lift, pull, push, reach, see color, see far, see near, sit, stand, stoop, talk, twist, use his/her hands, walk and work with others.
- Job Reference: 386582030-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: County of Tarrant
- Location: Texas
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Real Estate & Property
- Job Type: Permanent