Apply for this job now
Project Management Analyst
- Corning, New York
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Requisition Number: 50109
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a critical function for business success. It delivers the training, tools and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for the function & the corporation. GSM has leading edge, effective processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
Scope of Position:
Supports the Project Management Center of Excellence (PMCOE) in the overall planning, analysis and implementation of Global Supply Management (GSM) business projects targeting significant value delivery for Corning and GSM. Specifically, this role will be responsible for providing in-depth and comprehensive strategic analysis of project budgets / finances and forecasts of portfolio spend throughout the year. This role will also be responsible for project and other GSM reporting, specifically leveraging PowerBI and other reporting tools, and leveraging digitalization / technology to improve project performance. This role will also provide change management, training, and documentation for projects within the PMCOE portfolio. This role may also involve leading small projects.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
* Reporting and conducting strategic analysis of all project budgets / financials within PMCOE portfolio Short-term (Black Book) and Long-term (Green Book) financial planning and management of the overall PMCOE portfolio
* Collecting and consolidating quarterly and year-end forecasts for the PMCOE portfolio Project portfolio creation and management; reporting and tracking Project and other reporting / tracking.
* Utilize Power BI and other tools to create dashboards / reports.
* Tracking and updating PMCOE dashboard metrics
* Project support and ownership of certain project activities and objectives
* Strategic communication and change management
* Development and ownership of PMCOE tools and processes
* Create training materials
* Schedule and administer training for new/modified processes
* Subject Matter Expert on latest digital tools (e.g. Power BI, Box)
* Application of Performance Excellence (PEx) tools
* Tracking the use of Performance Excellence (PEx) tools for the PMCOE project portfolio
* SharePoint Project site ownership and management
* GSM documentation management
* Modify and update documentation for processes being deployed/changed
Education/Years of Experience Required:
* Bachelor's degree
* 1-5 years relevant experience
* Strategic budget / financial analysis
* Leadership skills for ownership and management of processes
* Digital / Technology Savvy - Power BI, Excel (including pivot tables), Power Point, Word, MS Project, SharePoint, Box, etc.
* Project Management
* Attention to detail
* Attitude: positive, can-do, self-starter
* Intelligence: willing and able to learn new skills
* Communications: effective one on one and team communications
* Communications: excellent oral and written
* Ability to train others on new tools/processes
* Creative and flexible: adapts well to changing circumstances; suggest ways to improve processes
* PeopleSoft Global Finance
* Knowledge of Corning processes and people
* Experience with Performance Excellence (PEx) tools and processes
* Supply chain knowledge
* Team player: meets own requirements while supporting others
* Ability to own and lead certain project activities and objectives
* Integrity: honest and open
* Willingness to learn and leverage new tools / technologies / processes and to teach others
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Corning
- Job Reference: 386582999-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Corning
- Location: Corning, New York
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
- Job Type: Permanent