PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSOCIATE
Jackson Spalding, an award-winning, integrated agency, is seeking a Public Relations Associate with project management and media relations skills. The ideal candidate has early to moderate experience with media relations, experience in integrated PR campaign development and day-to-day account management skills.
ABOUT JACKSON SPALDING
Jackson Spalding was founded in 1995 with a vision to be the most trusted and respected PR agency. With offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles and Athens, Ga., and additional team members located throughout the country, Jackson Spalding now serves the life cycle of a brand through a full range of integrated public relations and marketing services. The company's roster of clients includes The Coca-Cola Company, L.L. Bean, Chick-fil-A, Interstate Batteries, Delta Air Lines, Google, Orkin, Primrose Schools and many other esteemed organizations.
The company's culture has been celebrated by consistently being included on Best Places to Work lists, and in 2019, the agency was nationally ranked as a Top Place to Work by PR News. Jackson Spalding's campaigns have received numerous accolades, winning industry recognitions ranging from the SABRE Awards to the ADDYs. Additionally, Forbes named Jackson Spalding one of America's Best PR Agencies 2021. To learn more, visit .
The successful candidate will demonstrate strength in the ability to project manage and lead team members collaboratively across integrated PR, marketing and communications projects. Specifically, this position will be responsible for:
- Participate in projects and be responsible of their outcomes.
- Influence and participate in decision-making for client-facing projects.
- Manage project team members on their project deliverables and communicate with the client. Delegates and uses inclusive language and behaviors.
- Project manages independently.
- Oversees PR results and reporting for the projects they are leading.
- May support new business development with this or another client to showcase our work.
PUBLIC RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute strategic media relations plans at a national and local level for B2B and B2C clients across multiple industries.
- Manage client interaction and management across accounts, serving as the day-to-day client contact on certain accounts and projects.
- Manage budgets and billing for certain accounts and projects.
- Serve as a media relations resource across the agency and help with the evaluation of the media practice and tools.
The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of Communications or Public Relations experience, preferably with 1-2 years in agency environment. Required experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Leadership skills with managing teams via influence with experiences in using sound judgement.
- Decision-making skills including ability to ability to apply critical thinking to a simple or complex situation, analyze situations including short- and long-term impact, understand the available options, and recommend the best course of action among the options.
- Project management skills including time management prioritization and tracking, capabilities with creating strategies and tasks, organizing needs and prioritization the needs, comfort level with various PM tools/technologies.
- Communication skills - able to communicate effectively and collaboratively across teams internal and external using multiple channels.
PUBLIC RELATIONS REQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Strong knowledge of target audiences, such as reporters, influencers or internal stakeholders and has begun working relationships with those contacts.
- Understanding of long-term communications strategy and messaging needs as well as the right channels/events to utilize to deploy materials.
- Has experience with effectively managing a minor crisis or navigating one with a team.
- Demonstrated success in securing media coverage (local, trade and/or national) and passion for media relations.
- Relevant knowledge of local media, national news, and industry trends
- Experience with and understanding of PR and marketing concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of industry trends and current methods.
- Strong communication and writing skills and knowledge of AP Style
- Working knowledge of social media
- Excellent attention to detail, strong proofreading skills and ability to multitask and execute through to completion.
- Candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating calm under pressure.
- Bachelor's degree required.
This role may require intermittent travel when business travel resumes.