This facility is located on 146th street & Hazel Dell Parkway, in Carmel, Indiana.
Riverview Health has been an accomplished provider of healthcare delivery for over 100 years, all due to the professional and highly competent care of employees at all levels of the organization. The American College of Cardiology awarded Riverview the Platinum Performance Award in 2019. Riverview is also the only hospital in the state of Indiana to be recognized as one of America's 100 best hospitals for orthopedic surgery in 2019. Additionally, Riverview Health employees provide exceptional service to its patients as evidenced by awards from Healthgrades for Outstanding Patient Experience Award for two consecutive years!
Emergency Registered Nurse, RN Job Functions:
- Triage patients who present to Emergency / Urgent Care, prioritizing care based on the critical nature and severity of a patient's condition.
- Assess patient condition through visual evaluation, medication reconciliation, and vital sign measurements such as: blood pressure reading pulse rate, respiration, and temperature throughout the course of a patient's stay in the facility
- Plan/implement: set priorities for nursing action in a logical sequence according to patient's needs and formulate a plan of care by the appropriate selection of Nurse Practice Standards.
- Administer medication and partner with other members of the patient care treatment team in the provision of procedures, interventions, discharge or admission processes, as prescribed by the treating physician.
- Monitor patients for changes in condition and communicates timely and effectively with those involved in the welfare, care or treatment of the patient in compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
- Chart all patient medical history, contact information, condition, medications, and treatment as well as update the electronic medical record throughout the patient stay in the Emergency Department.
- Assist the physician on duty in the examination and treatment of patients.
- Perform phlebotomy duties, basic laboratory procedures, wound cultures, Point of Care testing, EKGs, application of splints and other care interventions within scope of practice and direction of the practitioner.
- Discharge patients post treatment. Complete discharge instructions and provide thorough education, and instruction, to the patient and/or caregiver.
- Other duties as assigned or required.