Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Lakeview Hospital our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) RN Quality Specialist to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Lakeview Hospital, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
At Lakeview Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life - for life - and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN Quality Specialist opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As an RN Quality Specialist you will participate in the data collection, compliance facilitation, analysis and presentation of quality data. You will have an impact on our patients' lives and the opportunity to truly make a difference. Your experience will be put to important use as you join us in our efforts to better our community! In this role you will:
- Be responsible for all data collection as it relates to Performance Improvement for the hospital and will assist with various QA/PI projects throughout the facility.
- Assist with data collection, data entry, analysis of data, and compilation of reports in various computer systems and databases.
- Assist with Core Measure review and analysis to establish trends.
- Design, maintain and administer accurate and accessible computer database(s) for tracking, trending and reporting.
- Create and provide customized reports as needed for various hospital and medical staff meetings.
- Perform HCA Clinical Excellence initiative data collection, analysis and reporting for quality indicators including sepsis, VTE, stroke, mortality, core measures.
- Prepare cases for review by searching through medical record reports, incident reports, referred cases, and defined indicators.
- Coordinate HIM medical record audits in collaboration with HIM staff to ensure quality, accuracy, and completeness of documentation as indicated by policy and regulation.
- Identify and communicate discrepancies/omissions in medical record information, documentation, and coding to the appropriate department and verifies corrections.
What qualifications you will need:
RN license in good standing in the State of Utah.
Associate Degree of Nursing required; BSN preferred (HCA Healthcare offers an amazing ADN to BSN program, through Galen College of Nursing, with no up front cost).
5 years of acute RN experience preferred.
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
Basic clerical, statistical, and quality review skills required.
Knowledge and proficiency in the Microsoft office programs, particularly Excel, is required.
Excellent organization skills and communication skills.
Lakeview Hospital is a 125 plus bed community hospital. We are dedicated to providing the quality of healthcare we want our closest loved ones to receive. We are among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals for seven years in a row. We are the only facility in Utah that is among America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement. Our Commitment to Caring is the driving force behind the actions of our caregivers, day in and day out. After all, providing high quality healthcare to our friends, family and neighbors in Davis County is why we exist.
Lakeview Hospital supports the community of Bountiful, just north of Salt Lake City. Our community has a small town charm and family-oriented neighborhoods. Our ideal location offers year-round recreational activities; from skiing and snowboarding in the winter to water sports and golf in the summer.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country - offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Lakeview Hospital are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Quality Specialist opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.