Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn's success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
SKILLED TRADE FAMILY - CORE
JE Dunn specialized in a variety of skilled trades. Specific areas of expertise may include:
* Carpenter - Responsible for a variety of carpentry including but not limited to rough carpentry, setting forms for concrete, or finish wall paneling, casework, and trim.
* Cement Mason/Finisher - Responsible for a variety of duties including but not limited to setting forms, installing rebar or mesh wire, mold expansion joints and edges, apply sealants, spread, level and smooth concrete, etc.
* Operators - Responsible for operating a variety of equipment including but not limited to cranes, rough terrain fork lift, skid steer, excavator, earth moving equipment, lifts, pile driver, etc.
* Bricklayer - Responsible for a variety of masonry including but not limited to installation of brick veneer, CMU, stone flooring and paneling, masonry restoration, cast and dimensional stone, paving, and many other masonry project elements.
* Ironworker - Responsible for and being adept at all aspects of their jobs, including epoxy bar, post-tensioning, and wire mesh, along with reinforcing steel.
* Electricians - This skilled trade is part of our Renewables projects. Responsible for installing and maintaining the electrical equipment and wiring that connects the plant to the electrical grid. Electricians in power plants work with heavy equipment, including generators, inverters, and transformers. They must be familiar with computer systems that regulate the flow of electricity, and they must be comfortable with high-voltage systems.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner
* Communication skills, verbal and written
* Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work
* Ability to follow-up on inquiries in a timely manner
* Ability to provide excellent customer service
* Ability to identify common construction materials and equipment
* Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, both internally and externally
* High School Diploma or GED (Preferred)
* Apprentice and/or Vocational/Technical/Trade training (Preferred)
* In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
* 0-2 years in specific trade (Preferred)
* 0-2 years commercial construction experience (Preferred)
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your request to
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Why People Work Here
At JE Dunn we offer our employees an inspired place to enrich their life and the lives of those around them
Building on our rich history, our employee owners are shaping the future of JE Dunn. In our team-focused environment we do life together and are generously rewarded for our efforts
About JE Dunn
Founded in 1924, JE Dunn Construction is a family and employee-owned general contractor with expertise in construction management services, design-build, and integrated project delivery. We deliver transformational solutions to our clients with certainty of results in our pursuit of building perfection. Facts
* 90+ Years of Construction Experience
* 22 office locations coast-to-coast
* Annual revenues in excess of $4 billion
* Consistently ranked Top 25 of the 400 largest general contractors nationwide by Engineering News-Record
* Consistently ranked Top 15 for domestic building by Engineering News-Record
* 2500+ Employee Owners work at JE Dunn
"EEO is the Law" POSTER
"EEO is the Law" SUPPLEMENT
JE Dunn participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
E-Verify Participation (English and Spanish)
Right to Work (English)
Right to Work (Spanish)