Wind Service Technician - Level 1 Local
The #1 Wind Technician Development Program
Build an exciting, rewarding career in wind power- work local, enjoy a friendly work environment, exclusive training, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits. The Tech One Program (TOP) is a structured career development program for entry level wind technicians, built in partnership between industry leaders, Sky Climber Renewables and Vestas Americas.
The TOP Wind Service Technicians will receive exclusive wind safety and technical training accredited through the Global Wind Organization (GWO). Primarily work at a wind site location near home. Work on a service team to achieve safe and efficient wind turbine maintenance. Reports directly to the Program Manager and Site Manager, and indirectly to the Lead Technician when on a job. Responsible for performing all preventive, scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance on wind turbine generator equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Responsible for maintaining and repairing machinery or components used mainly in power generation applications, turbines, and generators as directed. Is not certified to perform work inside any Cabinet/Controller without direct supervision by a certified Electrical Technician. You may be assigned other duties to meet customer needs and to help proactively drive our Sky Climber vision and align with our organization's mission and values.
* Equipment, tools, and uniform(s) provided• Per Diem and travel incentives• Comprehensive benefits package• Matched 401k - 100% vested• Advanced training provided• Career advancement• Opportunity for exposure to multiple services
About Sky Climber:
Sky Climber Renewables, a Sky Climber company, is an independent, wind field services organization focused on utility scale wind power generation and renewable energy industries. We have built an organization of more than 750 field technicians and industry professionals to focus on delivering safe, reliable, and qualified services for our customers. As a global brand and international wind organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity, and reliability, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website Climber Renewables is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with GW of wind turbines in 84 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and tap into wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 29,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
* High School Diploma / GED and Associate Degree in a Technical Mechanical or Wind Energy discipline from an accredited college or wind technical school OR equivalent experience• Training will include and must successfully complete: Basic Safety Training (e.g., First Aid, CPR, Fall Protection) Tower Safety Training (e.g., High-angle rescue or wind tower rescue) Technical Training (e.g., Mech., Elec., Hydraulic) LOTO Training Other training as required Pass Background Check and Drug ScreeningDesired Characteristics:• Demonstrate a passion for safety and service excellence• Strong mechanical and electrical background preferred• Ability to read, write and understand English• Ability to read and understand basic diagrams and wiring schematics• Ability to operate in MS Office Application Suite• Ability and willingness to take initiative and work without direct supervision• Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to a dynamic environment• Effective communicator- works well in teams• Ability to follow instructions• Strong organizational skills• Willingness to learn
* Demonstrate a passion for safety and service excellence• Strong mechanical and electrical background preferred• Ability to read, write and understand English• Ability to read and understand basic diagrams and wiring schematics• Ability to operate in MS Office Application Suite• Ability and willingness to take initiative and work without direct supervision• Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to a dynamic environment• Effective communicator- works well in teams• Ability to follow instructions• Strong organizational skills• Willingness to learn
* Candidates must be able to climb a 300 feet wind tower multiple times per day• Candidates must be able to walk across the hub and, in the event of an emergency, repel off• Must be comfortable working at heights of up to 300+ feet• Must meet specific weight requirements of tower ladders under OSHA and/or industry standards of 250 to 300 lbs. max, including personal protective equipment (approx. 30-35lbs)• Must be comfortable working in confined space(s).• Must be able to see and move throughout site to resolve work problems and facilitate processes; repetitive motion activities may be involved• Occasional kneeling and squatting• Frequent climbing, walking, and standing, and bending.• Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight up to 50 lbs• Successful completion of climb test(s) and tower rescue training
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Follow all assigned Environmental, Health and Safety procedures• Perform basic mechanical installations, maintenances, operations, and upgrades• Verify that the work is completed in compliance with customer's requirements• Perform work based on established work procedures.• Document all work performed• Report policy or procedure violation• Submit progress reports• Repair or replace parts• Possess knowledge about specific activity tools and be able to use them safely• Occasionally work independently on a component as part of an equipment maintenance project.• Dismantle and assemble basic machinery, components, equipment, or tooling• Travel as required (up to 25%)• Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments• Ability and willingness to work at heights and in all weather conditions• Ability to possess and maintain a valid driver's license and clear driving record (e.g., No suspensions or restrictions, DWI, DWAI, OWI, OUI)