United Artists Releasing, a Joint Venture between Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) and Annapurna Pictures (Annapurna), is a U.S. theatrical releasing company. Built upon the legacy of the iconic United Artists motion picture studio, the joint venture provides a home where filmmakers are supported by thoughtful approaches to marketing, publicity, and distribution. United Artists Releasing offers content creators an alternative distribution option outside of the studio system and supports Annapurna and MGM's film slates as well as the films of third-party filmmakers.
This role will begin as a work from home position with return to our West Hollywood office when health guidelines permit.
VICE PRESIDENT OF MEDIA
The Vice President will report to the Senior Vice President of Media, working on domestic media campaigns for MGM, Annapurna, Orion, AIP and acquisition films. The role will be responsible for leading digital media strategy & execution, developing media plans, and contributing to overall media strategy. Successful candidates will be skilled in media planning and buying, can stay nimble in rapidly changing environment, and is self-motivated and collaborative.
- Lead digital media strategy development, budget allocations, execution and reporting
- Determine budget allocation by channel (video, social, search, custom elements) and evaluate target building, sizing audiences, determining view goals and support for content drops; manage execution process
- Ongoing monitoring of campaigns so that optimizations can be shared and made in real time
- Oversee performance and data analysis
- Continually test and refine bidding strategy across exchange-based buys and mine for efficiencies
- Liaise with Digital Marketing and Publicity teams to make sure we take advantage of cross-promotional opportunities on custom content, news hits, and influencer marketing
- Manage internal team and agency partners
- Lead digital media innovations and evolution; drive constant innovation in the way we reach and mobilize moviegoers
- Maintain core digital partner relationships so UA is top of mind when beta tests/new products roll out
- Assist in formulation of cross-platform media strategy for theatrical and PVOD campaigns
- Stay on top of marketplace trends and new distribution methods
- Media Planning Skills
- Fluent in media terminology and formulas with a strong ability to analyze media plans, schedules, and buys
- Comfortable with reworking media plans and providing media estimates on the fly
- Must be technically trained with experience in building media plans from start to finish
- Digital media expert, with experience in other mediums including TV, Radio, OOH, Hispanic
- Ability to stay flexible with job responsibilities and in all situations
- Comfort and ability in multi-tasking and reprioritizing work on the fly
- Strong problem-solving skills and eager to find solutions
- Self-starter, looking to go beyond a specific task and to make the work better
- Team player who is eager to jump in on projects and motivated to move our dept forward
- Well versed in leading group meetings and presenting both formally and casually; having a strong voice, contributing with suggestions and ideas, brainstorming
- Ability to build compelling, clear cases via verbal and written communication
- Creative thinking - building initiatives impacting media campaigns, and formulating creative, marketing/promotional ideas
- Love and knowledge of media, movies, and entertainment
- Minimum of 10 years media planning experience
United Artists Releasing is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and does not unlawfully discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy, age over 40, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation. Please inform UAR's Human Resources Department if you need assistance to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. UAR will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Interested candidates must submit a resume.
Not accepting resumes from search firms or recruiters.
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.